Janelle from Comfy in the Kitchen and I have some friends – yes – believe it or not we have real life friends lol!!! And they are crafty!!!
Katina and Shannon got together for a play date and were SO thoughtful to take photos of these ADORABLE Turkey Pops they made for their children for school!
Katina writes: Looking for an edible craft to make with the kids for Thanksgiving? Check out these fun Turkey Pops!
My sweet friend, Shannon, and I had a fun time putting these treats together for our children’s Thanksgiving party at school!
What you will need: Lollipop sticks; Candy Corn; Small pretzel sticks; White Icing; Red Icing; Black Gel Icing; Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Drops (or you can substitute Whoppers or Junior Mints); and Double Stuff Oreos (make sure to get the Double Stuff so it holds everything together better)
Insert Lollipop stick, 5 candy corns, and 2 pretzel sticks into the Oreo crème.
Squirt a small amount of white icing onto the center of the Oreo.
Place a Hershey chocolate drop onto the top of the icing and press down gently.
Squirt 2 small drops of white icing on top of the Hershey chocolate for the eyes.
Dab a small amount of Black gel icing on top of the white icing. Gently squeeze the tube because the gel icing comes out fast!
Use the red icing to make the turkey’s snood (the red thing over the top of a turkey’s beak).
For the turkey’s nose, cut off the tip of a candy corn.
Place the tip of the candy corn on top of the red icing.
Place the turkey pops on a flat surface for the icing to harden. If you stand them up too early, the icing will drip down.
I bought a square piece of Styrofoam to stick the turkey pops in and painted it yellow.
Our kids are sooo excited for their Thanksgiving party!
- 25 Lollipop sticks
- Candy Corn
- Small pretzel sticks
- White Icing; Red Icing
- Black Gel Icing
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Drops (or you can substitute Whoppers or Junior Mints)
- Double Stuff Oreos (make sure to get the Double Stuff so it holds everything together better)
- Insert lollipop sticks into bottom of oreos
- Insert 2 pretzels on sides of oreos for legs
- Insert 5 candy corns on top of oreo in a rounded fashion for feathers
- Squirt small amount of white icing in center of oreo and place a Hershey drop there for face
- Squirt 2 small drops of white icing on top of Hershey drop for eyes
- Dab a small amount of black gel icing on top of the white icing
- Use the red icing to make the turkeys snood
- Cut the tip of a candy corn and place the white tip on top of the red icing for a nose
- Place pops on a flat surface until icing is hardened- do not stand them up yet!
- You can place these in a piece of styrofoam for a cute presentation!
Thank you so much Janelle, Katina, Shannon and kiddos! It looks like you had a GREAT time making these Turkey Pops…now many more mom’s and children can do the same thanks to your post!
*Janelle is a woman who is dependent upon Jesus, a mom, a Licensed Professional Counselor, and an advocate for meal ministry. You can find her displaying step-by-step photos of her recipes, giving devotionals, and sharing meal ministry stories on her blog. You can follow Janelle’s blog at ComfyInTheKitchen.com.