Have you been betrayed by someone close to you?
Have you felt the pain of rejection in your life?
We all probably know the sting of rejection, some of us more than others. If you have faced rejection by someone who should have loved you – like a father or mother, a spouse or best friend or by one of your own children – then you know how deeply painful it is to be rejected and separated from someone you love.
We are all fighting a spiritual battle every.single.day.
And so while others may betray you and see your weaknesses or your failings, God looks at you and says, you are a conqueror through Jesus!
So much in our lives can be lost or stripped away. There may be someone in your life who has rejected you and no longer loves you but God’s love is permanent, unchanging and forever.
God’s Word brings comfort as you heal from the pain of betrayal and rejection. He is there for you always!
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Rejected-
1. When your family or friends have rejected you, God is always there waiting for you!
For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the Lord will take me in.
2. God will never leave you or reject you!
For the Lord will not forsake his people; he will not abandon his heritage.
3. Jesus understands your betrayal and heartache.
He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” ~Luke 22:41-42
4. Jesus was rejected and has felt the same feelings- you are not alone.
He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. ~Isaiah 53:3
5. The enemy wants to pull you away from God during this time of hurt. Be watchful so that you don’t believe his lies.
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. ~1 Peter 5:8
6. God is using this rejection to bring about good in your life- even when you don’t see it.
We know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. ~Romans 8:28
7. God will provide all of the grace and strength that you need. Let His power fill you.
He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ~2 Corinthians 12:9
8. Jesus suffered the ultimate betrayal and died on the cross for you and for me. He brings peace and healing if we turn to Him.
But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed. ~Isaiah 53:5
9. We tend to focus on the temporary but when we focus on the unseen with eyes of faith, then and only then, can we keep going and be filled with hope.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. ~Romans 15:13
10. You are loved by the Almighty God. He is faithful always and will bring you through this difficult time- trust Him!
I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. ~Jeremiah 31:3
Are you suffering today?
Pain causes us to draw near to God.
The Lord is near to those who suffer. I know that my rejection and betrayal might not be the same as yours. Unexplainable difficulties happen- and it’s heartbreaking. But God does not tell us to stop crying and pull it together. Instead, He tenderly opens His arms and invites us to come cry on his shoulder.
God claims you as his and He will never let you go. Over and over he says he will bring us through – through the high waters and through the fire. Through the rejection and the betrayal. God is near!
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the book of Ruth. If you have faced loss and wonder if God really loves you or if God is involved in the details of your life, then this study is for you. Ruth’s courage in the face of adversity will inspire you to trust God with your future.
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
the book of Ruth- along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!