Do you have a running list of critical thoughts and negatives in your head?
Do you find yourself complaining a lot?
Do you regularly point out everything wrong with your home, husband, kids, church, school, community and the world?
Our negativity can become like a heavy cloud in our homes when we are expressing frustrations (not just about our husband or children) but with the world in general. We can seem unhappy and make others feel like they are walking on egg shells when they are around us. This negativity is contagious and can become like a wet blanket over the home.
God’s Word brings joy and peace in the midst of your negative thoughts. He is there to help you!
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Are Feeling Negative-
1. When we focus on all the problems in our life – we miss the grace and goodness of God.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. ~Romans 12:2
2. We must not let our negative emotions dominate our lives- seek instead to hear the voice of God.
Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. ~Psalm 143:8
3. Meditate and ponder on all that God has done in the past.
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all that you have done; I ponder the work of your hands. ~Psalm 143:5
4. Allow your faith to increase during this time. Use the weapons God has given you- because the enemy just wants to decrease your faith.
In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. ~Ephesians 6:16
5. Choose wisely who you spend your time with. Being around people who complain a lot will have a negative impact on your attitude.
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” ~1 Corinthians 15:33
6. There is power in being a positive woman. Smile! Your family & friends will smile back at you. It’s contagious!
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. ~Proverbs 17:22
7. Trust that God is doing a new thing and directing your path even when it doesn’t feel like it.
Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. ~Isaiah 43:18-19
8. Cultivate a thankful heart.
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
9. Don’t stay focused on negative things that have happened. Let go of the past and focus on what lies ahead.
But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 3:13-14
10. Choose the eight things listed in the verse below to meditate on. Train your mind to focus on the positives.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. ~Philippians 4:8
We can’t follow God’s will, when we are dominated by our negative emotions. Our emotions will lead us astray.
So, when you don’t know what to do because your emotions have blinded you – pray and ask God to teach you his will. Refocus your thoughts on the faithfulness of God and give your thoughts over to God.
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the book of Ruth. If you have faced loss and wonder if God really loves you or if God is involved in the details of your life, then this study is for you. Ruth’s courage in the face of adversity will inspire you to trust God with your future.
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
the book of Ruth- along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!