Are you feeling weary today?
Are you tired from carrying too heavy of a load?
Sometimes heavy loads are put on us that we cannot escape – like health issues, financial issues, a sick friend or relative that needs help or a busy season at work.
But other times we are carrying too heavy of a load out of our own choice. We choose to strive after the things of this world and exhaust ourselves doing it and then we wonder — where is God?
Our God is faithful – from birth to old age he will carry you if you let him. Let’s take a look at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Weary–
1. Spend time in God’s Word- He will give you strength!
My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word! ~Psalm 119:28
2. God desires to give you rest. Friend – God gives you permission to rest. Seek rest and seek God during that rest and trust in Him!
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. ~Matthew 11:28-30
3. God provides all that you need at all times. He will sustain you!
He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ~2 Corinthians 12:9
4. God will use this trial in your life for your good and His glory.
We know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. ~Romans 8:28
5. Is part of your weariness due to wounding from others? God knows your brokenness and he promises to heal you and restore you if you will release it to him.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. ~Psalm 147:3
6. Continue to do good and serve Him. Do not give up!
Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. ~Galatians 6:9
7. Give thanks to God that He provides strength in your times of need.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. ~Psalm 73:26
8. Do not be afraid. Allow His peace to fill you- nothing compares to it!
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. ~John 14:27
9. Be still and wait for the Lord. He is at work even when we cannot see him and he has a purpose for your trials.
Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. ~Isaiah 40:30-31
10. Seek Him earnestly! Spend quality time with God in His Word and in prayer.
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. ~Psalm 63:1-3
What are you carrying that you need to put down? Name it right now. Surrender it to God. Say to God these words, “Thy will be done” rather than “my will be done.” Relax in your father’s love and keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
Here are 20 more verses about feeling weary:
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the book of Ruth. If you have faced loss and wonder if God really loves you or if God is involved in the details of your life, then this study is for you. Ruth’s courage in the face of adversity will inspire you to trust God with your future.
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
the book of Ruth- along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!