Are you ready for Thanksgiving?
November is a wonderful month to focus on giving thanks every single day.
What we focus on grows.
When we give thanks, a grateful heart grows.
When we sing songs to the Lord, our joy grows.
When we study God’s word, our gratefulness grows.
If we focus on our troubles – our fear and anxiety will grow. But when we focus on giving thanks – even in the midst of hard times – our faith grows.
God’s Word reminds us to be thankful- for all things. God has done so much for us. He is so good and worthy to be praised!
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Thanksgiving Bible Verses-
1. We have so much to be thankful for because the Lord is good, his steadfast love endures forever and he is faithful to all generations.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. ~Psalm 100:4-5
2. Everyday is a gift from the Lord.
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. ~Psalm 118:24
3. Because of Christ in our lives, we should be abounding in thanksgiving.
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. ~Colossians 2:6-7
4. As believers, the words we say should reflect a thankful heart.
Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. ~Ephesians 5:4
5. Share with others why you are thankful to have them in your life – be specific.
I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus. ~1 Corinthians 1:4
6. When the peace of Christ is ruling in your heart, you will naturally reflect a thankful heart.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. ~Colossians 3:15
7. Our praise to the Lord must not be silent. Make known to others what God has done for you!
Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. ~Isaiah 12:4
8. Be grateful to God that he has given you eternity with him.
Let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe. ~Hebrews 12:28
9. We can be thankful in all circumstances- even when the future is uncertain. This world may be unstable and always changing but our God is not.
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ~1 Thessalonians 5:18
10. Never forget all of the benefits of knowing God.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy. ~Psalm 103:1-4
Every day this month, pause and write down a few things you are grateful for. Give thanks to God for both the big and small blessings in your life.
It is scientifically proven that listing the things we are grateful for improves our mood, our relationships, our physical and psychological health, our sleep, our hopefulness, and our resilience.
It’s time to take our focus off of the things that are bothering us and focus on what we are thankful for because…
What we focus on – grows.
Let’s grow in our thankfulness to the Lord this week.
Keep walking with the King,
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
Christmas is coming!
So if you have never done the
Peace, Be Still: A 31 Day Christmas Prayer Journal
this is for you!
I’ve also been working on a special project
that I will announce NEXT WEEK! (Cue the confetti!!!)
Be sure to check back here on the blog to learn all about that soon!