This weekend I flew to Dallas, Texas to attend and speak at Sally Clarkson’s Mom Heart Conference. God filled my cup there!!! Not only did I glean wisdom from every single session but I felt blessed to get one on one time with Sally to ask her questions about my own life.
I also got to spend loads of time with my high school best friend and partner over on GoodMorningGirls.org – Angela. Angela was a speaker also.
Another fun part of the weekend was meeting for the first time our new contributor over at GoodMorningGirls.org – Whitney!
And also getting to meet Mandy from Biblical Homemaking - whose blog I happen to be a fan of!
Theses are my top 10 favorite quotes from the Mom Heart Conference:
10. There are no formulas given in the Bible for Motherhood – each mom’s puzzle is different. We must walk by faith.
9. Don’t isolate, protect and or solve all of your children’s problems. Rather than keeping your children from difficulty, walk them through difficulty.
8. Do not point out every single one of your children’s flaws. If God followed me around all day long correcting me, I wouldn’t want to be a Christian.
7. In the absence of Biblical conviction, Moms will go the way of the culture.
6. In the absence of a loving h0me, children will go the way of the culture.
5. God made us for more than rules – Have fun with your children!!! Be interesting!
4. Non-Christians are not the enemy. “It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
3. The love in your home will be like water in a garden that causes your children to grow.
2. “In your face” parenting – passes on guilt. Sometimes your children need understanding not another lecture. Be an “in your heart” mom.
1. Follow Jesus’ example in motherhood. He is our source of grace and truth. Be a source of grace and truth to your children. Listen with patience, ask thoughtful questions to draw your children out, encourage and edify them, serve them. Know and do what is meaningful to them.
The thing I enjoy most about Sally is her high ideals. She calls moms to a higher standard. I’ve been to a lot of conferences and retreats and often I am so sad to see them end because I want to continue the “party” lol! Sally’s conference made me want to rush home and go love on my kids! I wrote this post on the plane because I knew when I got home the LAST thing I wanted to do was be on my computer!
Sally has inspired and renewed my desire to be the best mom I can be, to embrace this season of life, to read thousands of pages to my kids and spend time with them rubbing their backs, talking about interesting topics, listening to their hearts cries, speaking life and truth into them. She also reminded me that I need to put blinders on, not worry about what others think and simply believe in my children.
Sally’s stories remind me that the things I go through with my children most moms face…we all feel ragged, overwhelmed, and like bad moms some days. But together we can pick ourselves up and begin new days with high ideals for God’s glory.
Walk with the King!
**To see many more pics from my weekend and a mini-video I made with Angela and Whitney – visit Good Morning Girls today.